Kiev :)

Kiev :)

Monday, August 23, 2010

About Me

Hey! I'm Victoria and i'm a 16 year old junior. I was born in Kiev, Ukraine and moved to America when i was 3 years old. Because of this I am bilingual; i speak Russian and English. I am a Krav Maga fighter; krav maga is the self defense they teach the Israeli army. I've been doing it for a few years now and i really like it. I'm testing to move up a level as soon as i can. It means a lot to me because i can see myself becoming capable of defending myself in any situation. Walking down a dark alley in Chicago at 2 am doesn't scare me. I'm in Krav because of my dad, in Ukraine all your problems were solved with your fists, so he wants me to be able to defend myself. He is the biggest influence in my life, he sacrificed so much so my mom, my brother, and I could have all opportunities possible. My family is really important to me because we are really close, we have a lot of family parties and they ply a big role in my life. As a person i would say im outgoing but i love to have fun, which is probably why i get my friends in some weird situations. I plan to go to the University of Wisconsin and study business. That's basically it about me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - where's that picture from? Kiev? It's beautiful. I studied aikido for awhile. More on that later in the semester - maybe we can combat :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing with Sal, that picture is gorgeous! And that is so cool about learning how to defend yourself. That is something I've always wanted to learn how to do because I like coming across as a strong and independent woman.

    ReplyDelete