Kiev :)

Kiev :)

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Bronx Tale

We watched a Bronx Tale and one idea that really stuck out to me was the racism concept in this movie. The Italians had so many problems in their own neighborhood but yet they still went out and found trouble in the African American neighborhood simply because they were racist. But simply isn’t the right word. It wasn’t simple at all! The reason behind this really got me thinking, I mean this was the eighties people were more progressive then this, but then I realized something. It may not have been solely about race. The Italian neighborhood had a fear instilled in every member since birth about Sunny and the kind of people that surround him. They were scared of him but they couldn’t do anything about him. Which led me to think that maybe with the African Americans, the Italians finally felt they had some control. That they could attack someone and not know for a fact that they themselves would die after. It may have been a control issue since they themselves couldn’t control their own streets. I mean everyone needs some control in their life. if things go bad at school, for instance, I have had times when I come home really irritated and lash out at my family because I cant lash out at  a teacher who failed me or something. It’s the sense of control we all need over some aspect of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment