Kiev :)
Monday, November 29, 2010
People like us
In class we watched a movie called people like us about the perception of different social classes in society. This video really irritated me. Everyone ahs strived for so many years to be equal and not have money matter and look where it got us? Snobby rich guys wondering how "these people got in"! Honestly? This is kind of ridiculous! People separate themselves based on everything these days. They try to live in a community that is primarily of similar people, my own family when moving here wanted to live in a mainly Jewish community. If it’s not race, its religion, if it’s not religion its culture, if not culture then what? Money? Of course richer people are going to want bigger houses and such, but this movie just made it seem like they are so distraught at being around even the middle section middle class, as if they aren’t as good as them. The lady that married wealthy and decided to teach others to be wealthy, or act it at least kind of bothered me too. She was trying to hard to fit into another social circle even though her husband obviously didn’t care that she wasn’t from the upper middle class. Everyone puts so much more pressure on themselves then they really have to. I remember a year ago, I went out with this guy and his family to a French restaurant. I felt so out of place because it was really fancy and had a million and one forks and such. His mom kept trying to help me but it made me feel as if I wasn’t good enough. I admit I should've been calmer about it because in worrying I turned into yet another person that thinks its ok to think of people in terms of their social class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment